Friday, November 18, 2016

Life as a DSA

It isn't so bad. Not great either.

But one thing for sure, being a dental nurse/assistant isn't easy. It not only requires precision and good memory, it also demands speed, alertness and good human relations.

This is my 3rd day here as an assistant. Most of the time I do reception work. I answer calls, fix appointments, give medicine according to prescription and be a cashier(probably the scariest).

Sometimes I will have to keep patients' bite registration casts properly, to be sent to the lab for either trial denture or fabrication.

Yet to learn: Make occlusal rims for bite registration, mixing alginate and pour casts, ortho stuffs and etc.

Usually patients come in the morning, afternoons are a little more laxed. Sometimes can be very boring and sleepy, esp after lunch. Zzzz...

The wait can be extra painful when it comes to around 4.30, most probably because I was so used to going back by 4.30 for the past five years.

We have a few doctors here, but the one in charge is Dr Lee, he's the one who hired me. He's very nice and friendly. However the others are a little more reserved. Yesterday I met Dr Chin and today Dr Tan. But they didn't talk much to me, they just hid themselves in the room (I saw them watching movie in their laptops, so shuang) until the end.

I work 5 days per week. Thursdays and Sundays are my off days. Actually right now I can't wait for Sunday already, hahaha see how much I dread working, but I sendiri cari pasal want to work so badly.

Every morning I wake up at 7.45am, have to leave by 8.30am before it gets super jammed. Yesterday I left at 8.40, oh my the jam was terrible. Reached in 40 minutes. Today I left at 8.30am, I reached at 8.45am. Seriously.

No comments: